Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Book Number 77

Suzanne Collins is awesome! I really enjoy her novels and I cannot wait until the next in this series is released.



The Novel: Catching Fire
The Author: Suzanne Collins


Synopsis:
Much to her shock, Katniss has fueled an unrest she's afraid she cannot stop. And what scares her more is that she's not entirely convinced she should try. As time draws near for Katniss and Peeta to visit the districts on the Capitol's cruel Victory Tour, the stakes are higher than ever. If they can't prove, without a shadow of a doubt, that they are lost in their love for each other, the consequences will be horrifying

My Thoughts:
This sequel to The Hunger Games is just as good as it's predecessor, if not better. The action, the suspense, the character development, it's all done so well.
I am even more emotionally involved with the characters this go around. My loyalties switch between Peeta and Gale each scene they are involved in. I am thrilled and appalled at the situations the characters face. This dystopian future is one I love to read about but know I personally would not be mentally or physically strong enough to endure....and that's the beauty of this book, I am there with the characters, but from the comfort of my own living room.
I find I am fully engrossed in this novel and the rest of the series that I have to make a conscious effort to step away from the book and do other things (like shower).

I give "Catching Fire" a rating of 5 out of 5.

I cannot wait for the third novel in this series. As soon as the third book is released I plan to go out and buy all three. This is definitely a series I want in my collection.
I look forward to the day Little Miss is old enough to read these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment