Thursday, October 8, 2009

Book Number 58

Time to catch up with my blogging. Hopefully I remember what I though about these next 5 books, because it's been awhile since I've read them....

The Novel: Pretty Little Liars
The Author: Sara Shepard
Link: http://www.prettylittleliars.com/series.vm

Pretty Little Liars is the first in a series of Young Adult novels. It's full of young "angsty" teen girls who all have secrets. It's pretty interesting once you get past the teen angst and focus on the plot. I enjoyed this novel and it brought me back to my high school days....although, I can't remember being that superficial, and I really didn't get into the whole party scene....
This novel went by fast. It was entertaining and fast paced. It was nice having the story told from several point of views.
This novel was very "high-schoolish" so as an adult it was hard to completely relate, but it was fun to think back to my past. ((and as a parent it has me freaked about about when my daughter will reach the teen years...it's not going to be fun))

I give "Pretty Little Liars" a rating of 3 out of 5.

I'm going to continue on with the series as I have to know who the antagonist is. I can get past all the teen angst and enjoy the story. And this novel helped me think of several discussions I need to have with Little Miss before she gets to that age when "kids know everything and parents know nothing"

No comments:

Post a Comment