Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Book Number 60

From Juvenile/ Young Adult to Chick Lit. It was a nice change.

The Novel: The Way It Is
The Author: Patrick Sanchez
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/s/patrick-sanchez/way-it-is.htm

I think this is the first chick lit novel I've read that was written by a man. I was pleasantly surprised. I should have not assumed that a man can't write about females as well as a girl can, because I was wrong (you know what they say when you assume)
I really enjoyed The Way it Is. The characters were interesting and believable. I felt a connection with one of the main characters being as I'm not stick thin. Mr. Sanchez did a good job of getting into the mind of a "fat" chick and laying it all out there for us readers to see.
I was only a bit disappointed that the ending for one of the characters wasn't quite resolved to my liking...which gave me a glimmer of hope for a sequel (but I'm pretty sure it isn't going to happen).
I really liked this novel and I am looking forward to reading more by this author.

I give "The Way It Is" a rating of 4 out of 5.

Good on ya Mr. Sanchez. A dude who understands, or at least writes like he does.....

No comments:

Post a Comment