Thursday, November 5, 2009

Book Number 62

Another not bad "random library pick".

The Novel: You Don't Scare Me
The Author: John Farris
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/f/john-farris/you-don-t-scare-me.htm

You don't scare me was pretty entertaining although lacking in parts.
I felt the build up was good to a point but then fell flat near the end. The character development was well done but the continuity could use some work.
I enjoyed the quirky main characters. But more could have been done surrounding the plot.
Although horror is not required to be realistic, there were parts that should have seemed realistic just didn't measure up. (it's like watching a movie with special effects and being able to tell the CGI parts from the parts that are actual stunts)

I give "You Don't Scare Me" a rating of 3.25 out of 5.

You Don't Scare Me didn't really scare me, but it did keep me entertained for an afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment