Friday, November 27, 2009

Book Number 63

Well I guess it's time that I actually blog about the books that I've read.

The Novel: The Alibi Man
The Author: Tami Hoag
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/tami-hoag/alibi-man.htm

The Alibi Man is the second book in the Elena Estes Series. I haven't read the first book, usually this bothers me, but with The Alibi Man, I wasn't lost. It had enough detail that I didn't need to read the first book to get a proper glimpse into the main character's life.
This novel had enough detail and flashbacks about the first book that I was not left in the dark at all...which really is a plus for me.
The characters were well developed. The central character was a strong female with a kick ass attitude.
The novel is graphic enough to turn stomachs and delivers a lot of suspense. The action and dialogue were well done and I was fully entertain throughout the whole novel.
I enjoyed that I couldn't figure out whodunit. It's nice to go beyond the predictability of most suspense/action novels.

I give "The Alibi Man" a rating of 4 out of 5.

Tami Hoag really impresses me with her strong dominant female characters. It's nice to imagine stepping into the role of the central female character and come out of the battle with a few scars but a whole lot of attitude and a sense of justice served.

No comments:

Post a Comment