Sunday, February 14, 2010

Book Number 72

The Novel: Flawless
The Author: Sara Shepard

Synopsis (Taken from the author's web page):

In the exclusive town of Rosewood, Pennsylvania, where the sweetest smiles hide the darkest secrets, four pretty little liars—Spencer, Aria, Emily, and Hanna—have been very bad girls. . . .
Spencer stole her sister's boyfriend. Aria is brokenhearted over her English teacher. Emily likes her new friend Maya . . . as much more than a friend. And Hanna's obsession with looking flawless is literally making her sick. But the most horrible secret of all is something so scandalous it could destroy their perfect little lives.
And someone named "A" is threatening to do just that.
At first they thought A was Alison, their friend who vanished three years ago . . . but then Alison turned up dead. So could A be Melissa, Spencer's ultracompetitive sister? Or Maya, who wants Emily all to herself? What about Toby, the mysterious guy who left town right after Alison went missing?
One thing's for certain: A's got the dirt to bury them all alive, and with every crumpled note, wicked IM, and vindictive text message A sends, the girls get a little closer to losing it all.

Link: http://http://sarashepardbooks.com/
My Thoughts:
Meh. Again another teen angsty filled book. But, like the first in this series, the novel isn't too bad...once you get past the teen angst BS.
I like the idea behind this book. The characters each being tormented by one person "A". I'm intrigued enough to carry on with this series (I need to know who "A" is).
The idea is great, and it holds up enough for me to continue to read the series, even with the annoying teenager attitudes....Although it doesn't stop the parent in me thinking that these girls need some major "tough love" and a serious grounding or loss of privileges......OH MAN, I'm turning into my mother.......

I give "Flawless" a rating of 2.75 out of 5.

OK, I was so not like these girls when I was a teenager. I'm hoping that these novels aren't a sign of the times and an accurate example of current teenage behaviour. This cannot be what I have to look forward to when Little Miss becomes a teen...Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment