Thursday, September 3, 2009

Book Number 41

I love novels like this one. So easy to just read and get absorbed into the story.

The Novel: The Pull Of The Moon
The Author: Elizabeth Berg
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/b/elizabeth-berg/pull-of-moon.htm

The Pull Of The Moon was fantastically written. Elizabeth Berg must be one of those people that just sits and observes. She writes like people talk, she writes how people think and feel.
To write a story so basic, but with such detail and remarkable style.....I am just awestruck.
Elizabeth Berg doesn't just write novels, it's as if she transports the reader into the character's mind. Often humorous, sometimes sad, other times poignant and insightful.
I liked and identified with the main character (Nan).
The way the novel was written was unique (The form of journal entries and letters to her husband) With both past and present glimpses into Nans life.

I give "The Pull Of The Moon" a rating of 4.5 out of 5.

Elizabeth Berg is at the top of my Fave Authors List (one I've created in my head and have yet to post about, but I will soon). I'm going to make a conscious effort to read everything she's written...and once I've done that I'll complain non stop that she's taking way too long to write more.....because that's how I roll, man.....

No comments:

Post a Comment