Monday, September 7, 2009

Book Number 44

Well I finished the Dreamhunter sequel. Still unsure, but I'll try my best to give an honest opinion.

The Novel: Dreamquake
The Author: Elizabeth Knox
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/elizabeth-knox/dream-quake.htm

This novel was as well written as the first. The character development is rich and the scenes are well described.
The writing is dense (as in a lot packed into each page). I found the first book of the series and the first 1/2 of the second book was mostly setting up the story with some interesting plot twists. The action really started half way through the second book (remember this is just my opinion, others may disagree and find the whole book was action packed).
I enjoyed this book a lot more than the first. Once the action (really) started, I found myself not being as distracted by real life, and found myself more absorbed into this novel.
I almost wish the 2 books were mashed into one with a lot of the beginning and back story left out. Don't get me wrong, both of the novels were well written....I just found myself being easily distracted by other things and had a hard time focusing solely on the books I was reading.

I give "Dreamquake" a rating of 3.5 out of 5.

check out post "Book Number 42" for my update about that book.

No comments:

Post a Comment