Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Book Number 54

I love it when a book surprises me.

The Novel: Snow Flower And The Secret Fan
The Author: Lisa See
Link: http://www.lisasee.com/snowflower/

Sometimes a novel is just so perfect in the way it can transport the reader into another time, place and culture. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan does this gracefully.
Beautifully written. Mesmerizing. Vivid details make it easy for the reader to place themselves into the story observing and feeling the emotions of the characters.
This is an engrossing and memorable novel. I felt so many emotions while reading this book. I just couldn't put it down, I had to convince myself to go to bed and stop reading. As soon as I had the chance this novel was back in my hands so that I could finally finish this beautifully woven tale.

I give "Snow Flower And The Secret Fan" a rating of 4.75 out of 5.

I am seriously considering purchasing this book so that my daughter, when older, can read this this fascinating tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment