Thursday, September 24, 2009

Book Number 55

Another author on my fave list. I always can count on Dean Koontz to entertain me with his tales.

The Novel: Relentless
The Author: Dean Koontz
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/k/dean-r-koontz/relentless.htm

Dean Koontz is great. I have always enjoyed his novels. I can't recall one that I dislike.
Relentless is an edge of your seat tale. The reader is pulled along for an entertaining yet scary ride. Dean Koontz is great at what he does. He is especially proficient with his character development. I enjoy how each of his novels (this one especially) have an undertone of something supernatural, but done in such a subtle way.
This novel has a thrilling/scary plot, yet there are amusing elements (mostly character related). Koontz's bad guys are pure evil, which make the good guys that much better.
Relentless is riveting and well worth taking the time to read.

I give "Relentless" a rating of 4.25 out of 5.

My only problem with Dean Koontz's novels is that I've read most (or all) of them. I often get impatient waiting for him to release something new. He really is good at what he does. He's consistent and each novel is immensely entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment