Sunday, September 6, 2009

Book Number 43

It's been slow going with my reading as of late. I've got this bloody self imposed deadline and yet I find myself not reading (napping). I just don't get what my problem is. I will have to read a whole bunch of books in the next few days if I am to meet my mini-goal of 25 books this month. I feel I need a good kick in the ass.......or maybe a "suck it up buttercup" comment....
Anyway....On to what I have actually read....

The Novel: Cocktails For Three
The Author: Madeleine Wickham
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/w/madeleine-wickham/cocktails-for-three.htm

Some easy going chick-lit. Nice quick read.
This novel was entertaining, although some of the character development was a little disappointing. I was expecting equal coverage for the three main characters, but the novel was slightly more focused on just one with the other two characters getting less "page time".
*A bit of a spoiler* There was one part where the pregnant character (3 weeks from due date)was in a bar drinking alcohol..It bothered me a lot. I had a hard time not thinking about that as I read about this character and her life. I feel kind of dumb for judging a fictional character, but I did.
Aside from my own prejudices about prenatal drinking...I enjoyed this novel. I didn't have to think while reading it and I got through it fast (which is important if I want to meet my mini goal)

I give "Cocktails for Three" a rating of 3.5 out of 5.

Hurray another book finished! Whoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment