Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm So Behind

Little Miss has started Grade 1. What this means for her is a full day at school. What this means for me is a full day to relax and read.....right?
Nope, not here.
I've been so busy lately and so tired at night that I haven't finished a book in awhile. I am so behind.
I really seriously thought that I would have oodles of time for reading, I was deluded obviously.
On the plus side I'm actually awake (and clean) before 8 am, I'm actually getting some exercise, and now I have friends (although my caffeine intake has increased exponentially).

That's it!!! I'm buckling down and spending the whole weekend reading. I have to if I'm going to meet my goal. I CAN do this, I need to accomplish my goals. What I need is a kick in the pants, or a "Git R Dun" comment.

There are so many books that I want to read right now. I feel like I've wasted my reading smarts on too many crappy books lately. Thank goodness some of the books I ordered from the library are here, or on their way. Whoot!

Another reason I haven't read very much....I'm so farkin' tired. Yesterday I donated blood, and as soon as I got home at 7:30pm I crashed in bed. I slept through the whole night (probably snoring loud enough to wake the dead). It's weird for me to be sleeping at night (as opposed to reading all night) and not sleeping until noon or later.


What's this??? Am I becoming a responsible parent? A good wife, with dinner on the table and house (sort of) clean ??
Being this way is seriously impeding my reading progress. Don't get me wrong, my family is worth it...but dang it, Bobby, I really want to be lazy and do some reading.

This weekend it will be done.... "do or do not, there is no try" Master Yoda

No comments:

Post a Comment