Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Book Number 48

And so began a long long night of reading..... At least the novels I crammed into one night were pretty good ones.

The Novel: The Hunger Games
The Author: Suzanne Collins
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/suzanne-collins/hunger-games.htm

Wow! I really liked this novel. It was powerful. It was action packed. It was nerve wracking.
The premise of the novel reminded me of that short story by Shirley Jackson "The Lottery" http://www.classicshorts.com/stories/lotry.html
The premise of this novel is so horrible (a fight to the death, survival of the fittest) And even worse, involving 12-18 year olds. So horrible, yet such an interesting read.
This book scared me and enthralled me.
There is so much that is good about this book....the character development, the plot....
This look into a dystopian future had me scared out of my wits.
I looking forward to the second book so much, I can't stand it.

I give "The Hunger Games" a rating of 4.75 out of 5.

I'm glad I had something light to read after this novel, I needed to mellow out a bit before going to bed. I am not joking when I say this novel freaked me out. The whole "what if?" feelings...It's like natural disaster movies, I can imagine this happening and it scares me.

No comments:

Post a Comment