Monday, July 27, 2009

Book Number 10

Yay Book Number 10! A milestone. Whoot!
I didn't have much time for reading this weekend, with the sleeping in and watching my hubby help the neighbours move, but I did finally finish book #10 (and went straight on to book 11)

The Novel: Keep Me Alive
The Author: Natasha Cooper
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/natasha-cooper/keep-me-alive.htm

I enjoyed this book. My choice of books thus far has been pretty good, apart from crappy book #3.
Keep Me Alive is the sixth book in the Trish Maguire series. I didn't know this when I picked it out at the library. I have not read the previous books in the series. I wasn't too upset though. the book was pretty good as a stand alone book. I didn't feel I was missing anything by not reading the previous books in the series.
I had a good feel for the characters without having too much back story confusing me.
The plot was pretty interesting, but the gross out factor was high (it didn't detract from the book though).
There were some interesting plot twists and a good dose of mystery. I was put off by one of the main characters, which I believe is the authors intention. Is he a good guy, or a bad guy? I wasn't sure until the very end. This kind of suspense kept me hooked.
The scene descriptions were very well done. Set in the UK, I had to use my imagination (since I've only seen the inside of an airport in England), but the scene description was done so well I had no problem visualizing everything.
I was emotionally involved with the story as it triggered my gag reflex something fierce. I had thoughts about become vegan like my sister, but decided that I can do mind over matter and I will forget the gross parts I read about meat processing.....barf.

I give "Keep Me Alive" a rating of 3.5 out of 5.

I wish I had read the other novels in the series first as I find the central character interesting. I guess I'll just have to read any subsequent novels because I'm sure they will be just as entertaining as this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment