Thursday, July 9, 2009

The First of Many...maybe??

Well my two part challenge started yesterday. Let's see how long I can keep it up.

Challenge #1- Read 300 or more books in one year.

Challenge #2- Blog about it.



The first challenge isn't a big deal. I read all the time. I devour books, they sustain me. Keeps me sharp, or so I'd like to think. The hardest part of this part of the challenge will be book availability. I don't want to read just any book. Children's books I read to my kid do not count. The library is my main source of literature. I am picky about what I read so if I can't get a coveted book in , or if I'm too lazy to actually haul my arse to the library, I guess I'll have to either miss a reading day (one of the 50 or so I'm allowed) or read one of the books I have in my collection (sparse collection).



The second challenge is where I may have a problem. I'm good at starting things...crafts, painting, writing, exercising, baking. But I'm really shitty at finishing things (ie: University).

I have good intentions, really I do, I am just lazy and a procrastinator. So if I don't accomplish said task within a certain amount of time I usually quit (and start something else).

But alas my goal this time around will be accomplished....right! right?



I guess I should start with some self imposed rules. Which I can change whenever I want because it's my blog.

#1. Must read full length books. Novels, short story collections, etc. But must be full length book size.

#2. Must read at least 300 books within one year.

#3. Must blog about books. Give book rating and opinion. Must have blog entry about every individual book I read.

#4. Can read books I previously have read (from my collection) but not a book that I've read already during this challenge. So I can't read Twilight 30 times and count that as 30 books read.

#5. Picture books don't count, neither do any little kid books (Young Adult books count though, because I really enjoy a variety of fiction including books for teens.)

#6. Must give my honest opinion about the book I've read. I will not say a book is great just because Oprah did, or everyone else thinks it's fantastic.

#7. Must not neglect my parental and wifely duties to read. As much fun as it would be to tell the kidlet to watch spongebob while I read, I just can't do it. (but if she reads while I read, well then it's fair game)



I guess I'll probably think of more rules later on.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Nix,
    I really like your blog so far! I know you will finish this, 300 books in one year may be a lot, but you are smart and can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I just came across this blog today and now I know I will be back all the time to read about your latest book read! I know you can do meet your challenge! I think you need publicity... mum/ wife, 300 books... will she meet her goal to read them within 1 year? Keep checking back daily and watch her progress! LOL
    Good luck!
    By the way you have challenged me to read more now!

    ReplyDelete