Thursday, July 16, 2009

Book Number 6

Read another book, good job Nix. Pats myself on the back (since no one else will do it)

I knew what I was getting into with this book. I've read the previous 7 in the series. I was not surprised with this book, but that's okay, because it was as good as the previous 7 and kept me quite entertained.

The Novel: Poppy Done To Death
The Author: Charlaine Harris
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/charlaine-harris/poppy-done-to-death.htm

I suppose you could read this book and enjoy it without reading the previous 7 in the series (but that would be dumb, why would you do that...especially knowing it's a peeve of mine)
The characters are well developed....but maybe my judgement is clouded, as I already "know" the characters from the previous books.
Ah what the H...I might as well give you the full book list in the series so that you can read them in sequence.
go here: http://charlaineharris.com/bibliography/bibliog-aurora.html
and while you're there check out the other books, because Charlaine Harris is awesome. Ever see the show True Blood?(not me, I don't get HBO...sad) It's based on her Sookie Stackhouse/ Southern Vampire series.

Anyway, the plot is intriguing with the main character finding yet another dead body (she's always coming across corpses, or getting tangled up in some sort of mystery)
The novel was very descriptive and I found it easy to get engrossed in the story. It didn't take me long to finish this novel as I was always wondering what was going to happen next. I enjoy mystery books a lot and Poppy Done To Death didn't disappoint.
I'm looking forward to the next book in the series, whenever Charlaine Harris finishes it. (Hurry up already!)
I guess that's the problem in reading the last book in that series thus far, I'll just have to wait until the next book is released to find out what is going to happen with the main character. I am not a patient person, this will be a hard time for me.

At any rate I recommend reading the whole Aurora Teagarden series to get a full appreciation for the 8th novel in the series.

I give "Poppy Done To Death" a rating of 4 out of 5.

Charlaine Harris doesn't disappoint. She's sharp and concise, her characters are interesting, and I enjoy all of her novels I've read thus far.

1 comment:

  1. Cudo's Nix, but don't be upset if you can't read 300 books this year. It may be an unrealistic goal and I wouldn't want you to feel bad if you don't make it. The way you are going you probably will though, but do get some sleep dear.

    ReplyDelete