Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Book Number 7

I finished Book #7 a few days ago and started straight away onto book #8 (which I've also finished).
Book number 7 took me a few days. It wasn't because it was overly long (only 421 pages), and not because it was bad. I just didn't have much time for reading, I was sleeping. It was great. I needed the sleep-in time and I am so grateful to hubby for indulging me and my needs.

Anyway, I did have a little time for reading and I did finish this book a few days ago, but I haven't had much of a chance to write anything about it (sleeping. remember?).

The Novel: Ashes To Ashes
The Author: Tami Hoag
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/tami-hoag/ashes-to-ashes.htm

I enjoyed this book. It was well written, very detailed and had excellent character development. There were several plot twists which kept me interested. I was enraged with the circumstances (the murders) I was sympathetic for the victims and witness, and I was intrigued by the emotional ties between the main characters. The novel was suspenseful and interesting. There was some interesting sexual tension between the main characters amidst all the turmoil surrounding them.
Tami Hoag is a master at the mystery/thriller genre. I really enjoy reading her novels as they are well written and keep me interested. She has a firm grasp on keeping the story suspenseful and the reader captivated.
I am truly amazed at how knowledgeable these types of authors are. It must really take a lot of research to be able to accurately write a novel of this type. The knowledge of police procedure alone has to come from many sources (I imagine, unless of course said author is in law enforcement). At any rate it is the reader who benefits from the well described, realistic scenarios that this author portrays.

I give "Ashes To Ashes" a rating of 4.5 out of 5.

I am really happy I found this book. It was on my book shelf just waiting for me to read it. I can't remember why I didn't read it when it was first given to me, but I'm kinda glad I didn't read it back then since it gave me something entertaining to read now.

No comments:

Post a Comment