Saturday, July 11, 2009

Book Number 2

As I said in my "I'm so freakin' tired" post, I was up until almost 4am reading book number 2. It was well worth it though.

The Novel: Such a Pretty Fat One Narcissist's Quest To Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big or Why Pie is Not The Answer

The Author: Jen Lancaster
Linkage: http://www.jennsylvania.com/jennsylvania/books.html

This book reads like chick lit fiction, but is actually a freaking hilarious biography. I loved this book.
I damn near laughed out loud each page. When I say laughed out loud, I literally mean out loud. My poor husband was trying to study, but it's hard when you live with a hyena apparently. He's lucky he's used to my loud snoring (apnea?) because dude didn't even wake once when I couldn't stop laughing at page 296 (right around 3 am).

What I really enjoyed about this book were the funny little footnotes. Also, this book reads like regular people think and talk (people with a sense of humour anyway). I love how Jen Lancaster tells it like she sees it. There's no mincing words with this woman, but it's done in such a funny way.

I think I may have a bit of a girl crush.
My one problem with this book is that I couldn't stop snacking while reading. So as she's losing weight during the book I'm probably adding a few pounds to my expanding arse. It's pretty hard not to snack while reading when the author is talking about all the delicious food she was craving (or eating). It'd be like me reading a gourmet cook book and then deciding to eat a plain lettuce salad...it's just not going to happen.....Although...I did laugh A LOT so I must have burned some calories right? Whatevs, I can fast while reading book #3 (which I intended to finish today, but so not happening...yawn)

I give "Such A Pretty Fat" a rating of 4 out of 5.

If this book would have made me cry I'd have rated it 4.5, but happy tears don't count on my rating scale. This book was truly fantastic though. I cannot wait until her other books arrive for me at the library. Another author added to my "all-star" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment