Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Book Number 15

I've read a lot of Charlaine Harris lately. I almost feel guilt for not having a more diverse selection of books to review.....but too farkin bad, I enjoy these novels and Charlaine Harris's writing so I'll continue to read her stuff until I've read it all.

The Novel: Grave Sight
The Author: Charlaine Harris
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/charlaine-harris/grave-sight.htm

Grave Sight is the 1st novel in the Harper Connelly series. I've just started this series, and like other novels by Charlaine Harris, I like it.
I was quickly sucked in by the story. I like the concept a lot. I don't like the main character Harper as much as I like the main characters in other novels by Ms.Harris. I found Harper to be a bit dry, but otherwise interesting.
This novel didn't have the humour to accompany the dark theme, that Charlaine's novels usually have. That being said I still really liked this novel. It may be lacking in some elements that I am used to with Harris's writing, but Grave Sight still made a good story. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out whodunit, and was pleased to find that I was somewhat right. I don't think the "bad guy" was predictable, however, I am just really good at figuring out the antagonist in novels (or making many guesses and then being so pleased with myself that I was right)

I give "Grave Sight" a rating of 3.5 out of 5.

Although this novel lacked some of the elements that I come to know and love from Charlaine Harris, I still really enjoyed this novel and I'll read the rest of the series because I have to know what will happen next. Maybe I'd like it even better if I quit comparing this novel to other novels by the same author. I am really bad for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment