Sunday, August 30, 2009

Book Number 40

Only 260 more novels to read. I have to pat myself on the back because reading 40 novels in less than 2 months is pretty good I think. Yay me! Whoot!

The Novel: Shakespeare's Counselor
The Author: Charlaine Harris
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/charlaine-harris/shakespeares-counselor.htm

This is the last book in the Lily Bard Series up to this point. I don't know if Charlaine Harris is planning to write any more Lily Bard books, but I've finally read a book in this series that actually made me want to read more about the character. Before I was just reading the books because I hate to start a series and not finish it, and the books were pretty interesting (just not as interesting as her other series'). This book was first published back in 2001 with a reprint done in 2005...so I have a feeling that this was the last one in the series.
I felt so much more for Lily in this book. I had a better sense of who she was and I didn't find her as "cold" as I did in the other books. Also there was A LOT less focus on the character's work out habits (which were starting to bore me, if not make me feel damn lazy).
The conflict and mystery weren't as straight forward as usual so I had a harder time figuring out the bad guy. I enjoyed this novel and I was happy to see a deeper look into Lily's relationship with Jack.

I give "Shakespeare's Counselor" a rating of 3.75 out of 5.

Another series finished. I'm glad to have finished this series with the urge to want to read more about this character.

No comments:

Post a Comment