Thursday, August 13, 2009

Book Number 27

I have been slow with my reading since I jammed 5 books into 2 days awhile back. I've been working on Book #27 for a few days.

The Novel: Breakneck
The Author: Erica Spindler
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/s/erica-spindler/breakneck.htm

Breakneck is the 2nd book in the Kitt Lundgren series. I've read the first in the series so I was happy to have the second arrive at my library for me. The one thing about Breakneck is that you don't really have to have read the first in the series (Copycat). There is enough background info that you are not lost at all. Although the first in the series was really good, so I recommend you read it regardless.
I really enjoyed this book. The characters are well developed. The book is full of emotional disquiet. Breakneck is a fast-paced action novel, that leave the reader (me) wondering what is going to happen next.
I enjoy that the novel is based around two female detectives. It's nice to see a mystery novel where the central characters are strong independent women with the skills to kick some ass, but the tenderness to be emotional during times of personal stress.
You can't help but be sucked in to the story and root for the good guys (errrr girls) and hate the bad guy with a vengeance.
The ending had an interesting twist and I couldn't have imagined who the bad guy was.

I give "Breakneck" a rating of 4 out of 5.

I really hope Erica Spindler continues to write about these two wonderful female detectives. She has a good thing going here and I am looking forward to seeing what other dangerous situations the women find themselves in.

No comments:

Post a Comment