Friday, August 28, 2009

Book Number 38

This book motivated me to google, which is a pretty great thing.

The Novel: Creepers
The Author: David Morrell
Link: http://www.horrorworld.org/creepers.htm

I really enjoyed this book. It was really well written and continued to keep me interested the whole way through.
I enjoyed the premise (which inspired me to google) of urban exploring.


Main Entry: urban exploration
Definition:
the study of parts of civilization that are normally unseen or off-limits, such as abandoned structures, drains, sewers, tunnels, etc.; also called
infiltration, reality hacking, urban caving, urban spelunking, urbex

The story isn't just about urban exploring, which would have been pretty good as is, but also involves murder and mayhem and all sorts of creepy going-ons.

The characters were colourful and I felt myself on the edge of my seat hoping that they would succeed in their adventure.
This book had me staying up until all hours just so I could finish it. It was engrossing and nerve wracking. I really liked this novel a lot.

I give "Creepers" a rating of 4.25 out of 5.

I discovered after finishing this book that David Morrell is the author who brought John Rambo to the world. Why didn't I know this before??? Dumb! I feel as though I've wasted a lot of time by just discovering David Morrell now. Now I've got a lot of catching up to do if I want to read his other novels. Fortunately for me I had the foresight to order the novel that follows Creepers....and I'm reading it now, so expect a review soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment