Sunday, August 9, 2009

Book Number 23

I'm sitting here trying to think of what to say, how to start this blog post...I can't think of anything, so I guess I'll just get right to it then.

The Novel: Shakespeare's Champion
The Author: Charlaine Harris
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/h/charlaine-harris/shakespeares-champion.htm

Well this book was a lot better than the first in the Lily Bard series. It was still a little hard to get into, but it improved a lot after a bit (about 1/3 into it).
I found myself understanding Lily's motivation for her attitude and I was a lot more understanding. The Character is still kinda dry, but I can see why she's like this now and I can empathize.
Other than some continuity issues with this book (the name of Lily's sister is different than in the first book) I enjoyed it.
It was suspenseful. Well written. I enjoyed the fight scenes, the were descriptive and I could picture it in my head no problem.
The plot in the novel can be a bit touchy (racism) But Charlaine Harris navigates this subject well and it's easy to be rooting for the good guys and actively hating the bad guys.

I give "Shakespeare's Champion" a rating of 3.25 out of 5.

I'm glad I stuck with this series. I feel redeemed.

No comments:

Post a Comment