Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Book Number 26

This book I discovered by reading Jen Lancaster. She was trying to get this book out of her library in "Bright Lights, Big Ass"...and well I thought, hey if she likes the book I might as well give it a go. I enjoy chick lit so reading this book wasn't a stretch for me.

The Novel: Bergdorf Blondes
The Author: Plum Sykes
Link: http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/s/plum-sykes/bergdorf-blondes.htm

I liked this book. It was a nice escape into a life I will never experience. A life of glamour, fashion, jet setting, and one night stands.
I found this novel to be very descriptive, obviously this author knows a thing or two about living the high life and enjoying such finery as Jimmy Choo, Michael Kors, and the like.
Although some of the character's were quite shallow, they were still interesting with each of their own little idiosyncrasies.
The novel is very much escapism literature, However, there are some serious parts (an attempted suicide) which gives the novel more depth and makes it even more interesting.
This book is an example of how I like my chick lit to be, nice, light and humorous with a happy ending.

I give "Bergdorf Blondes" a rating of 3.5 out of 5.

As a debut novel, Plum Sykes did a bang up job. I guess it does pay to write what you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment