Friday, August 21, 2009

Book Number 31

I waited for this book for what seems like FOREVER.

The Novel: The Awakening
The Author: Kelley Armstrong
Link:http://www.kelleyarmstrong.com/aAwaken.htm

This book is the second novel in the Darkest Powers Trilogy. This book doesn't give you a back story into the first book (titled: The Summoning) Therefore, it is imperative that you read the first novel in the series to understand anything that is going on at all.
I did read the first book so I was well informed, and sucked into the story deep enough that I was waiting (not patiently) for this novel to finally get published and into my library.
This book was as well written as the first and I got an even better look into the character's lives and their motivations.
I read this book really quickly, as I needed to know what would happen next. Of course the book leaves you hanging at the end, and I will have a real hard time waiting until May 1st, 2010 for the 3rd novel (The Reckoning) to be released.
This book is well written, action packed and a pretty good tale that kept me entertained. It is a Young Adult fiction, but other than the fact that the characters are teens it is written well enough that people of any age (apart from little kids of course) will enjoy it.

I give "The Awakening" a rating of 3.75 out of 5.

I wish that the next novel would be released sooner, why can't these writers write faster dang it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment